BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Soup: Tan resistance, Bullet-dodging, Sleep, Internet browsers suck, and Facebook (always) sucks

Back in the MySpace days, (which I'm increasingly tempted to resurrect), I blogged a little on my page. It wasn't much, but it was fun. Back then, I often couldn't think of a lot to say about any one thing so I took a few dominant thoughts circling around my head and put them into a post. Hardly any of the topics had to do with each other, but it turned out fine.

We've been fairly busy and a little short on spare time, so I haven't had much of a chance to conceive of any deeper thoughts as of late, but since a few thoughts still drift about here and there, some might be worth mentioning. Mostly cybersmall-talk. You be the judge.

I've spent a lot of time outside lately, walking to various places (score one for older, integrated neighborhoods without a lot of hyper-draconian zoning laws). In so doing, since we haven't had more than an inch of rain since October, much of that time has been spent under the beating hot sun. And yet, fair-skinned, easy-burn little ol' me doesn't have a lick of skin tone change to show for my efforts--which I find extremely odd. While I think that being brown and leathery is disgusting and unnatural, I would like at least some kind of acknowledgment of the sun on the part of my melanocytes. You know, just to ping the rest of us of their existence.

Every so often, in practice, I feel like I'm dodging a bullet. People will come in, expressing interest in what I do and seeking help and I'm thankful for that and I am indeed excited to help. However, some people just seem a little "off". Whether everything is purely innocent and genuine or whether there's a sinister motive lurking under a facade of sorts I may never know (nor do I want to). But this is why I'm not always bummed when the possible patient and the program turn out not to be a match for whatever reason (usually semi-pressing symptoms or the costs involved in going my route). I wish it would've worked out but to try and force it (even if I succeed) may end up doing more harm than good.

I've been sleeping!! In bed, no less. Celebrated my first month, I think, this last weekend. I'll fall asleep on the couch and wake up sometime in the middle of the night and schlep into bed where I stay asleep until long after the alarm starts going off.

Oddly enough, I also haven't had allergies since the end of March (I think). They seemed to stop right around the time I started sleeping better. I don't know if it's the lower stress or if it's the fact that we've had no rain for anything to grow. I'm inclined, actually, to lean toward the former, because we still had pollen showers and flowers/trees that bloomed despite the drought, even long after I started sleeping better. The allergy relief seemed to coincide much more closely with sleep quality.

Can we PLEASE have a decent internet browser? Safari lacks even basic functions and features and it's a memory hog that just plain sucks. Firefox gets confused and congested every so often (Microsoft-style), and...that's it. There ARE no other browsers. I also hear Google Chrome blows. So in this day and age of 2011, it's time to deliver something decent! That is all.

Facebook continues to suck doesn't it? In fact, its suckage factor continues to grow. The latest craptastic maneuvers include 1) eliminating a cursor in the comment box so that when you're typing a comment and you need to change what you wrote a few sentences back, you can point your mouse to your best guess, but you never know for sure until you start typing. Mystery Meat! and 2) yet another forced migration to a new-and-retarded layout. Casualties of war include useful things like discussions and whatnot that will be "archived", whatever that means. My question is, will we still have access to the past information? If so, how do we access it? If not, why the hell not? *Sigh* Facebook. Tsk, tsk. A mass return-migration to MySpace seems possible, even almost inviting.

0 comments: